Managed services makes your IT costs more predictable and reliable, reduces risk to your data
and IT assets, and frees up your resources so you can focus entirely on your core business activities.
Experience worry-free business computing, control IT costs, and get the most out of your
IT investments with managed services.
What are Managed Services?
Managed services refer to IT services delivered in a defined manner with a predictable expense. Typically, managed services are delivered with a remote monitoring and management (RMM) system that allows an IT solution provider to monitor the health and performance of customer IT assets 24/7. RMM means that we can perform proactive maintenance efficiently to stabilize your IT, and respond with rapid remote remediation when things go wrong.
Business Before and After Managed Services
Business without managed services is more reactive, costly, and unpredictable. Consider the impact of unscheduled downtime, caused by a virus or technical failure. The average costs to small and midsized businesses can be staggering. A Gartner study revealed that each unmanaged desktop costs businesses an average of $4000 a year in emergency services, lost productivity and opportunity costs, with an annual total cost of ownership (TCO) that is typically 42% higher than for managed PCs and 29% higher for unmanaged laptops.
With PCTech, you can expect to experience a dramatic reduction of unscheduled downtime and lower IT costs because problems will be detected and resolved faster—often before you’re even aware of them. Managed services also helps you reduce and optimize your IT spending, keep more of your internal resources focused on core business activities, and arms you with accurate data about the health and performance of your IT assets.
Reduce Downtime, Reduce IT Costs
Industry experts and comprehensive studies from third-party research groups consistently conclude that managed services cost less and protect IT assets better. For example, a recent study by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) found that network servers and devices that went down took 96% longer to repair when they were not covered by a remote monitoring service, resulting in costly unscheduled downtime.
CompTIA also discovered that end-users experience an average of 88% longer periods of downtime when the network server or device that fails is not covered by remote monitoring. They concluded that remote monitoring and management services have the greatest impact on reducing IT downtime and its impact on users.
Reduce and stabilize your IT costs and experience unprecedented reliability with managed services from PCTech. You’ll gain peace of mind, reduce risks to your data and assets, and be empowered to leverage your IT investments fully.
The Break-Fix Scenario
1. An IT problem occurs.
2. You discover the problem.
3. You place a phone call for support.
4. You describe the problem to the best of your ability.
5. Solution Provider technician spends time travelling to your site, or uses remote access tools to start digging around for the cause of the problem.
6. Problem is diagnosed.
7. Problem is resolved.
• Unpredictable service fees
• Higher costs when problem resolution proves time-consuming
• Depending on affected devices, downtime occurs and the associated costs mount (lost opportunities, lost productivity, and more)
• With little or no historical performance data, diagnostics can take longer; and failing parts that have gone undetected must be ordered, often creating further delays
The Managed Services Scenario
1. PCTech is alerted before or as the problem occurs because best practices monitoring and alerting is in place.
2. PCTech instantly and accurately diagnoses problem in the Service Center.
3. PCTech conducts rapid remote remediation from the Service Center and resolves the problem in less time than it would take to find coat and keys.
PCTech can provide you comprehensive reports every month and quarter to show work performed, identify issues, and support optimized IT budgeting.
• You get the right technology expert on the job from the start, with fast, reliable resolution
• Your team stays focused on core business activities
• Many issues are detected and resolved proactively before you even notice
• Downtime is significantly reduced or even eliminated, no more costly surprises