1. The first and most important is to have a good backup
2. Have a good antivirus software
3. Have a good spam filter
4. Install proactive monitoring software
5. Educate your people
6. Setup strong passwords and lockout policies on your network
7. Setup DNS security and have a good web filter
8. Add additional protection with group policies
9. Be sure your software is up to date (Windows, Adobe, Java, browsers, etc)
10. Have a good firewall
If you need help setting any of these items up or have questions please don’t hesitate to call us at 636-464-2400.
Here’s an additional article with more details on ransomware: www.pctechrx.com/2013/11/01/cryptolocker-ransomware-virus
Then check out our Top 7 Ways to Stop Hackers from picking you.